The Foundation for the Fine Arts sponsors a scholarship program available to seniors who meet the following requirements:
Requirements for Scholarship Eligibility
- Student/family must be members of the Foundation for the Fine Arts for at least 2 years
- Student must have attended Centennial for 2 years.
- Student must be a graduating senior.
- Student must have a minimum GPA of 85%.
- Student must have participated in a Fine Arts discipline for at least 2 years.
- Student must be or have been enrolled/participated in a Fine Arts class or discipline at Centennial during the current school year.
Instructions for Scholarship Application
- Request a recommendation from a Fine Arts teacher well before the application deadline.
- Submit proof of college or secondary school admission (copy of admission letter, offer, etc.).
- Complete and submit the Academic Information on the following page. Information may be typed or neatly printed additional pages may be added.
- Write and submit an essay on the following topic: Describe your goals, your field of study, and why you are applying for this scholarship. The essay must be typed with a minimum of 250 words and a maximum of 500 words. (In the event of applications with similar qualifications, the essay will be the deciding factor.)
- The entire scholarship package (items 1, 2, 3, and 4) should be placed in an envelope and labeled “FFA Scholarship Application”. Applications are to be turned in to the front office and must be submitted by the deadline. The scholarship committee will review the materials blindly and objectively and will assign point values based on the criteria noted above.The students selected to be recipients will be recognized at the annual Honors Night.
The FFA will award senior scholarships in the amount of $500 each. The number of scholarships to be awarded is contingent upon funds raised and number of FFA members for any given year.
The Scholarship Committee will consist of 5 members, including the Assistant Principal over Fine Arts, an additional faculty member, and three FFA Board members.
Please check back in February 2021 for more information regarding application deadlines for the class of 2021.